AFC Leopards is one of the most successful clubs in the region having won several domestic and regional tournaments. It was established in the year 1964 and has its fan base in Kenya and the world at large. It is managed by the National Executive Committee (NEC) and a CEO who reports to NEC. Its offices are located at Vision Plaza, Mombasa Road andit is currently sponsored by Sportpesa.
In the year 2018 AFC Leopards will be representing the country in the CAF Confederation Cup as well as other domestic competitions with the aim of adding these medals to its silverware cabinet. In order to achieve these, we are looking for a passionate and qualified individual to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The ideal candidate must have a proven track record in management and with experience in resource mobilization /funding /sponsorship.
Skills and Personal Attributes
• A passion for Football development
• Demonstrated ability in a leadership position along with strong organizational, communication and negotiating skills are a must in this role. You will be an individual who leads by example and has the gravitas to engage and build strategic partnerships internally and externally
• Demonstrated expertise in developing and delivering ongoing annuity/revenue streams that support future organizational growth
• Clearly demonstrated expertise across high level stakeholder and community engagement with experience representing an organization through active brand management
• A proven entrepreneurial aptitude that has delivered valued outcomes for organizations and their stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience in a complex business operation delivering sound financial management and operational excellence
• Be a person of high integrity
Duties and responsibilities
• Implement AFC Leopards strategic plan, develop and execute appropriate supporting business plan and reporting methodology
• Mobilize resources, funding, partnership or sponsorship
• Oversee the effective operation, administration and development of the club
• Ensure appropriate controls, policies, reporting and monitoring mechanisms are in place
• Oversee financial management of the club
• Provide significant input into budgeting process and then ensure efficient and effective processes are in place to ensure compliance
• Develop and implement marketing and business plans to maintain and increase revenues from existing operations and develop new business opportunities
• Maintain awareness of the business, economic and political environment as it affects the club
• Build positive culture across the club
• Protect and enhance the image and reputation of the brand-AFC Leopards SC
• Prepare board meetings, AGM, SGM, agendas, materials and ensure they run efficiently and effectively.
• Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations
• Periodically consult with committee members on their roles and how to optimise their contributions in the development of the club.
• Work closely with NEC to manage club employees including recruitment, retention, salary and performance review
• Assist in the development of partnerships with other organizations that are relevant to the goals of the club.
• Must have at least three years’ management experience in a leading role. Experience within a sporting organization/Institute/National Sports Governing Body will be an added advantage
• A degree or its equivalent from a recognized university or institution.
• Established reputation of recruiting, resource mobilization or growth within an organization
• Professional qualification in sports management will be an added advantage
Knowledge of coach education/development frameworks, pathways and accreditation
• Being a fully paid up member of the club will be an added advantage
How to apply:
Applicants should submit complete resume, copies of professional and academic certificates and at least three professional references including phone numbers to, email@example.com, hard copies/hand delivery applications should be addressed to/dropped at
AFC Leopards Sports Club
P.O Box 10652 - 00100, GPO Nairobi,
Vision Plaza, 3rd Floor, RM 01
Mombasa Road, Nairobi, Kenya.
So as to be received in the office not later than 23rd December 2017.